"There are many ways to judge a person, but the most accurate method is to study how one speaks. People who speak with eloquence, in a serious tone, are more respectable than those who use twist their tongues. I used to be misguided in that aspect, but I am now sophisticateder."
The Strange Traveler resides at the Inn. He is wise, sagacious, erudite and astute… or so he wants you to believe. He might be a cat, judging from his whiskers and tail, but he adamantly denies it.
During the Valentine's Chocolate Event, the Traveler refuses to eat Delicious Chocolate because Chocolate is naturally poisonous to cats (they cannot metabolize Theobromine, a chemical found in chocolate, effectively. If fed chocolate, they experience epileptic seizures, heart attacks, internal bleeding, and eventually death). Nonetheless, he accepts the gift.
|Strange Traveler's Shop|
- "There are many ways to judge a person, but the most accurate method is to study how one speaks. People who speak with eloquence, in a serious tone, are more respectable than those who use twist their tongues. I used to be misguided in that aspect, but I am now sophisticateder."
- "I miss my home sometimes, but it's all right here. Did you know that in some places, animals can speak?" (He watches you carefully to gauge your reaction.)
- "Why must I do all the talking? Why don't you say something?" "..." "..." "You enjoy silence. I wonder what you're really thinking..." (He looks anxious.)
- "My name? That is a can of worms, but not for you to unravel. Everyone has a secret or two..."
- "A tail? I--I don't know what you're talking about! Preposterous! I have no such thing!" (His tail swishes furiously as he talks...)
- "I don't wish to take my hood off at the moment, thank you very much."
- "I come from a place far away."
- "Why, I think I shall stay here for a while. I've traveled for far too long. I deserve some respite."
- The Strange Traveler is actually the Weird Cat in Mabinogi: Fantasy Life; mascots of DevCat, the developer of Vindictus.