(Boss of Frost Stones)
|Normal / Hard Mode|
Level: 22 Exp: 354
HP by Group Size -
2: 16,5003: 21,450
Level: 22 Exp: 354
Battle Skills & Attacks
- Bite: Similar to the smaller hemdrills, but has a far longer range.
- Body sweep: A smash attack that hits 360 degree around it.
- Ice throw: It grabs a large piece of ice and throws it as an AoE smash attack.
- Crash: Rears up and glares at his target for several seconds with red vapor spewing from it's mouth. He will then crash down on his target. It tracks and cannot normally be dodged if you are in range. It will be extremely vulnerable to counter attacks for a couple seconds after this move as it pulls itself back up.
Tips & Advice
Meet the uber beefy version of the worms. If King Icedredge is the older brother, then Quiremigal is the big daddy. Unfortunately for him he's still a worm and is thus extremely exploitable. The only attack he will do is the ice toss if you're not in melee range. The tips below are geared towards soloing, as when you have a party this boss becomes infinitely easier.
The ice attack is the only one that provides a safe opening for you to attack. The 100% safe strategy is to run around to dodge the ice, then pull out a combo 2 (maybe 3) before booking it out to rinse and repeat. It's going to take awhile so just bear with it.
You can afford to be more aggressive and go for an Amaranth Kick after dodging the ice. If you use Heavy Stander Cancel you can still dodge the ensuing melee attack, otherwise block it and proceed as normal. You MUST use HS to block all his attacks as they are all considered smashes, including his bite, even if it doesn't knock you to the ground.
There is a safe spot by the wall closest to him where his ice chunk will actually hit the opening in the cavern roof above and explode harmlessly. Just sit there and spam missiles at him while being on the lookout for surprise melee attacks. The safe spot is very precise though so you could also go with the same strategy as Lann. I have not been able to fire off a fireball without getting nailed afterwards.
You can also:
1. Hide in the safe spot (in this case, safe spot refers to an area that is near the entrance of the boss cavern with lower ceiling) (this tip refers to all characters)
2. Once shields and firebolt are charged, run up to Quiremigal and fireball him, then run away back to the safe spot
Note that this will take a very long time.(my first time was 45 minutes) But there is almost no chance of death. (be prepared to carry in healing runes and potions if you want to complete this faster.)
There is a small in the left side of the map in the Frost Stones that makes Quiremigal ice throwing attack impossible. You can use your longbow shots while being safe from attacks at the gap.
- Quiremigal often drops Silver Ore, so if you're in need of any, it's advised that you run Frost Stones over and over again. You will usually get at least one ore per run.