|Normal / Hard Mode|
Level: 65 Exp: 2,418
HP by Group Size -
2: 1,200,0003: 1,200,000
|Normal / Hard Mode||Lionotus Claw, Lionotus Heart, Lionotus Leather, Liontous Tooth||Cuallemeach Helm, Deathwind Helmet, Fallen Angel Helm, Lightwind Helmet, Passionate Debueruke Helm, Silent Quemielle Helm||Diamond Enchant Scroll, Solid Enchant Scroll, Tutelary Enchant Scroll, Well-balanced Enchant Scroll|
|Break Offs||Verafim's Staff|
Break Off Tips
- Location: Verafim (Rider on top of Lionotus)
- Number of hits: Varies ([Sticky Bombs]]: 6 hits, Sticky Bombs (Gift): 18 hits, Spear: 11 hits, Fine Spear: 11 hits.)
- Tips: Sticky Bombs, Sticky Bombs (Gift), Spears, Fine Spears or transformation steal/grasp orbs. Kai can attack Verafim directly, Active: Hand Bomb, Magnum, Active: Eagle Eye Assault can also get it very easy. If using Sticky Bombs, toss them on top of Lionotus so that they will stick to it. Sticky Bombs (Gift) can be tossed into the air near Verafim, as they explode seconds after being tossed. Both types of sticky bomb will flinch Lionotus on each explosion. Spear and Fine Spear must be aimed directly at Verafim. The best time to hit Verafim is while Lionotus is hanging from the cliff, or right after Lionotus does the jump attack. Kai can use his skills to damage the break. Active: Hand Bomb is an excellent skill to use. Steal/Grasp from Dark Knight/Paladin transformations can also damage the break off.
- Reward: Verafim's Staff
Battle Skills & Attacks
- Raises both front arms and slams down. It then roars, causing area of effect damage.
- Swipes once with it's left claw, a normal attack.
- Swipes once with it's right claw, a normal attack.
- Swipes once with it's left claw, then swipes with the right claw into a tail spin (a two-hit attack). It moves while attacking. Even the tip of Lionotus' tail can hurt you during the spin.
- Does a back flip away from whoever it had aggro on.
- Hops left or right. While not a direct attack, it positions Lionotus for an attack.
- Hops left then immediately swipes with the right claw into a tail spin, similar to the two-hit attack mentioned above.
- Moves it's right claw on the ground once, then charges forward.
- Rears it's head up and shoots a fireball at it's target. Small area of effect damage on impact.
- Leaps into the air and slams down on it's target.
- While running, can cause trample damage. Can hit many times.
- After not being knocked down from hanging on the cliff, climbs up and swipes (normal attack).
Tips & Advice
- There are numerous Sticky Bombs (Gift) dispensers scattered around the map. They recharge over time, giving a player 3 Sticky Bombs (Gift).
- Try to use the bombs after Lionotus does his jump. At other times, it will likely result in Lionotus jumping, or moving away, causing bombs to either miss or fail to damage it.
- If you achieve the break off, Verafim will no longer be able to cast the black orbs or heal Lionotus.
- Sticky Bombs (Gift) can also be used to knock Lionotus off of the third floor cliff. If successful with sticky bombing, Lionotus will cling to the cliff with his front claws. You need to use smash attacks or Longbow attacks to loosen his grip and make it fall. The fall does roughly 5% of its total health, as well as giving your party time to attack during the cling and after it falls. Lionotus will be stunned after the fall for 5-10 seconds.
- It is not wise to go down the cliff and attack the stunned Lionotus. Doing so will get yourself injured from the fall, and he will likely aggro you.
- You can use Prey Drive on Lionotus from the third floor.
- DO NOT drink HP potion in the battle ground or he will chase you and attack you while you are vulnerable from drinking HP potion.
- It is safer to drink HP potions and repair armor in the pathway between the two plateau.
- Vella can Backlash Lionotus' fireballs and Verafim's dark orbs. You can bait it into using his fireball at you by drinking potions.
- Verafim's attacks will be interrupted if Lionotus does it's jump attack.
- If you fail to knock Lionotus down from the cliff while he is hanging on, he will climb back up and attack.
- Sticky Bombs in this battle are called Sticky Bombs (Gift) and explode a few seconds after leaving the player's hand. The craft-able Sticky Bombs has a long delay before exploding.
- You can force Lionotus to aggro on you by rapidly using F11 (sit). Lionotus tends to finish his attack pattern on his current target, then changes to whoever was spamming F11. This works well if a Fiona is trying to lure Lionotus to the cliff.
- During Easy mode, Verafim is inactive from the start.