- Difficulty rules for Normal mode and Hard mode apply the same way in Gauntlet Battle Quests.
- Requires one Gauntlet Ticket per party, dropped on Hard mode or higher.
- Bosses will have a Hero mode prefix applied. Some prefixes are unique only to bosses.
Level requirement varies on the Gauntlet:
Gauntlet Boss Monster Prefixes
Boss monsters always have a prefix applied to their name. They use the hero mode prefixes as well as some unique boss-only prefixes.
Possible prefixes for boss-only:
- Blade-Breaker: Grants a shield that reduces physical damage (Attack) by 90%. Magic damage (Magic Attack) is unaffected. When the shield is off both physical and magic attacks do normal damage.
- Educated: Grants the ability to block. A successful block reduces the damage of a single attack by 90%. Has significantly decreased health.
- Ladykiller: Deals 50% more damage to, and receives 50% less damage from female characters (Evie, Fiona, Vella, Lynn, Arisha). Male characters (Lann, Kai, Karok, Hurk) do 50% more damage to, and receive 50% less damage from Ladykiller.
- Lethal: Moves and attacks slow, but hits extremely hard. Has significantly decreased health.
- Manhunter: Deals 50% more damage to, and receives 50% less damage from male characters (Lann, Kai, Karok, Hurk). Female characters (Evie, Fiona, Vella, Lynn, Arisha) do 50% more damage to, and receive 50% less damage from Manhunter.
- Mastermind: Can summon a pack of mobs. These mobs can also have prefixes taken from Hero mode.
- Obsessive: Picks a single player and only attacks them for a long period of time. It can switch to a new target to obsess over eventually, or if the target it had chosen died.
- Shield Crusher: Ignores Fiona's shield.
- Spell-eater: Grants a shield that reduces magical damage (Magic Attack) by 90%. Physical damage (Attack) is unaffected. When the shield is off both physical and magic attacks do normal damage.
- Thick Skinned: Increased health. Increases the delay of cutting with melee attacks. Ranged attacks are unaffected.
- Vanishing: Explodes on death like Explosive does. No delay on the explosion.
- Vengeful: Reflects 25% of the player's damage to Vengeful back onto the player while the purple shield is on. The reflected damage can flinch the player. Damage is not reflect when the purple shield is off.